I've not been able to much at the allotment over the last week or two due the snow.
Well, it's all melted away now, so I decided to pop down the plot and see whether the weed-killer had done it's job.
It had! There are still a few tough weeds still alive, but I'll blast them over the weekend.
When the temperature has risen and the ground is a bit softer I'll run it over with a rotavator.
Friday, 1 January 2010
I spent about three hours at the allotment today.
I lifted the weed suppressant fabric. There are still a few weeds there, but they are generally looking very weak. I blasted them all with a good dose of "Roundup" weed-killer.
I'll allow a week or two for it to work its magic and then decide whether to crack on with digging or to give it another dose.
Posted by Graeme at 16:51